Here are 5 Things I Never Eat or Drink
Now, don’t get me wrong. I do have an occasional all natural sweet treat, but there are some things I have totally lost the taste for. And I know eating these thing will make me inflamed, achey, foggy headed, fat, sick, and will be a big time performance de-enhancer.
If you cut the below 5 items out of your daily diet, you’ve already started on the path to leanness and improved health.
- Soda: I never drink coke. Last time I did a few years ago while at the movies with my Mom and wife I was thinking “yeah, that sounds good, popcorn and coke go together” so I had a sip of my Moms… tastes like acid going down my throat. No thanks!
- Donuts: I must admit, donuts still sound tasty to me. They are the deadly combo of high fat and high sugar with almost zero protein. I do think I might have to break my 4 year donut break and have one while on vacation this year. Will report back and let you know how the donut experiment goes, will it still taste GOOD to me?
- Beer: I have not had a full beer in over 4 years. I used to drink them all the time, specially when I was performing. My beers of choice was red stripe and Newcastle. Last time I had one was at a party a friend of mine was throwing. All of my friends were drinking them, I was having a nice time and thought “yeah, you know what, give me one of those beers!” I tried to drink but after two sips it tasted like piss water to me. Another example of the mind is late catching up with what the newly healthy body wants and will tolerate!
- Chips: I never eat conventional potato chips. I used to love cool ranch Doritos, Funyans, and of course Bar-b-cue awesomeness! But the thought of even having one of those does not appeal to me on any level. Once you educate yourself on what they actually put in those things, and you detox your body, your mind may crave them for a while longer, but when you do try to eat them it will make you sick
- McDonald’s: Only time I set foot in one is when I am renting a movie at a red box. Last time I ate one of their “Angus burgers,” I immediately ran to the bathroom and tossed it up. It is a deadly combo of sugar, soy, salt, and unhealthy fats. At one time I LOVED their french fries, it was my favorite and only vegetable I would eat! Now, I never eat fries. If someone had told me I was going to live a french fry free lifestyle a few years ago, I would have told them they were crazy!
If you think that this is “good eating” (I been there, done that, won the t-shirt) then you have got some work to do my friend. Treat yourself better, your body and mind will love you for it and your family needs you.
Remember, real lasting change does not happen over night. It’s a process!
Eat well, be well
You must be logged in to post a comment.